Tips on getting your children active at home!
- Keep the games you play fun, sport shouldn’t be a chore and the more fun children have early on the more likely they are to keep on doing it!
- If you need to go somewhere try and walk there and take the children too.
- Do physical activities as a family, for example go swimming or take them to the sports centre as a family trip.
- Get the children to help you do physical activities such as gardening or cleaning the car which will make it more fun for you.
- Teach them the games you used to play when you were small such as skipping, playground games, wall ball games and clapping games.
- Play the games the children learn at Fun Skills Academy to help improve their skills.
The Scottish Goverment - Health & Community Care
Physical Activity and Health Alliance
Enchanted Forest Nursery